Swimming Brisbane is a non-profit organisation which administers the sport of swimming in the Brisbane Region. We invite you to consider joining our organisation as a volunteer. We currently have a happy band of volunteers who fill a number of key roles at our Brisbane region swim meets, but we are looking to increase our numbers. As with all major sporting events, volunteer involvement is an integral part of our events. Many of our volunteers have been with us for a number of years, and a strong spirit of camaraderie exists among them.
Some roles filled by volunteers at our swim meets:
- Medal Presentations
Requirements and Expectations:
- Background in or knowledge of the sport of swimming is not required
- We provide a supportive environment as you are teamed with an experienced volunteer who will support you and walk you through everything you need to know
- The best part is that you choose how much time and how often you volunteer
Swimming Brisbane conducts a number of swim meets each year for clubs in the Brisbane Region, which provide opportunities for swimmers to achieve qualifying times to compete at State level.
All our swim meets are usually held over a weekend (Saturday & Sunday). Morning sessions commence with warm-ups at 7:00am and the competition at 8:30am, with a half-hour break for lunch in the middle of the day, and the afternoon sessions, which finish at approximately 5.00pm both days.
Our band of volunteers is also accessed by our state body, Swimming Queensland, when they hold their State-level events in Brisbane. It’s very exciting being on pool deck with the elite swimmers – best seat in the house!
- Excellent catering is provided throughout our meets as an expression of gratitude
- Learn new skills and experience new challenges, or share your talents with others
- Gain skill acquisition and experience (a valuable addition to a CV and an opportunity to obtain a written or verbal reference)
- Have fun and meet new people
- Gain a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction
Whether you are a young person, or just young at heart, we hope that you will give favourable consideration to volunteering with Swimming Brisbane.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact us by email or phone (07) 3823 5683.
Technical Officials are important to our organisation and any professional swimming body.
The National Technical Official Accreditation Program, conducted by Swimming Australia in conjunction with Swimming Queensland, introduces an individual to the basic competencies required to officiate at Swimming Australia, Swimming Queensland and Swimming Brisbane sanctioned events. This accreditation program also provides a clear and defined pathway for Technical Officials to move from officiating at their local club meets to officiating at the Olympics.